Achieving success online today can be a difficult process. Many people set themselves a goal to be a success on line but how many actually achieve it? I’ve put together three basic action steps which I have found to be critical in the expansion and growth of my business.
Let’s take a look at each of the steps that will lead to your online success in a little more detail.
Action Step One
The number of people who do not put in place an effective plan to succeed is quite staggering. Even though they have no plan amazingly some people still expect to succeed online. Developing an effective plan of action and identifying the critical business and income generating tasks for your online business is imperative to your success online and should include but not be limited to the following:
- Identify or select a Product, opportunity or service to promote
- Develop or have developed a website or blog to feature and promote your product or service
- Consistently drive traffic to your site or blog (it can be paid or free) using article marketing, social media, email marketing campaigns, blogging, banner adds, you can even include an element of off line marketing here.
- Track how many visitors you get to your site (more on this later)
- Split-test, revise and review to improve optins and conversions.
Action Step Two
It’s time to implement your plan of action. Take some quality time to establish some 30 day, 90 day and one year goals. Your goals should be time based, specific and measurable. These are the stepping stones that will lead you to your ultimate goal – success online. Use your current position as your baseline or point of reference and set and target your goals against that baseline.
Identify the tasks that are necessary to start, build and expand your business. These are the doing tasks.
- Write and publish X number of articles per week and have them posted on your blog, in article directories and syndicated on sites such as Posterous.
- Promote your business on Social networks and add X+ friends per week
- Research what forums are active in your niche and participate at least on a weekly basis to make connections
- As you generate leads create Email promotion campaigns (create squeeze pages with opt-in forms and give bonus gift as ethical bribes to sign up)
- Split testing is essential to ensuring you are presenting your offers in the best possible way to attract visitor and gain conversions. Constantly split-test your websites, your headlines and your opt-in forms to improve conversions.
- Analyze the traffic to your sites. Cpanel delivers an immense amount of information on your websites and blogs so take advantage of this. You can integrate these metrics with other systems automated or manual to track your results.
- Carry out a weekly review of your campaigns, sites/blogs, optin forms, squeeze pages. This review is essential in the early days to ensure that everything is working and you troubleshoot issues.
- On a monthly basis evaluate how successful the online strategies you have implemented have been. If your not where you thought you would be make a change. At this stage don’t make unilateral changes just make small changes and evaluate the outcome of those changes make sure you record what you have changed.
So there are a few things listed above which look a little daunting but once you break the tasks down they become easily manageable. The next step is to create a schedule to work to ensure that you implement the tasks above.
Identify the gaps of time you have available to you over the course of a week depending on your circumstances. If you can dedicate a couple of hours a day four or five days per week that would be a great start. Find a space to do your work without distractions and put you’re doing head on and get cracking. Dealing with the distractions is the main thing because they will steal your time which you need to dedicate to achieving your goal of online success.
Write 2 articles/blogs on Monday; on Tuesday comment or publish an article on 10 Facebook groups, on Wednesday make a comment on a forum and so forth filling up your available time with tasks that are business building and income generating.
Allocate one or more tasks for each day of your business work week. If you can’t complete a task roll it over to the next day. Have some way of recording the tasks. Some people write them down or use electronic methods it doesn’t matter as long as you are comfortable with the method and it achieves results.
It’s no good doing all the work if you don’t check and evaluate your schedule to see if you are getting the most out of your time. Make sure you are prioritizing the main areas that will ensure that your business grows and you generate income.
Action Step Three
The key to a successful online business if there is one is to stay focused and prioritize only the tasks that are income producing. I call this the big stuff. The small stuff can wait (that doesn’t mean it won’t get done) until you have the time. Ask yourself this question does what I am doing expanding my business or increasing my income. Does it produce directly or indirectly a sale or signup to an opportunity or service? If it doesn’t is it a priority task I should be doing now? If you want to succeed online you have to focus on those tasks that drive traffic or convert traffic, this is what produces income online and your ultimate success online .
Using the above system has increased my focus and productivity significantly. I hope you find the same.