There are many ways to earn money online some more difficult than others, some more expensive than others but ALL require vast amounts of time to set up and maintain. There does exist a way to earn money online that is not as time-consuming or expensive as other “systems”. In fact, if you can spare ten minutes a day or a half hour or so per week, you can make money online. With that much time and effort I can’t guarantee you’ll earn big money but you’ll earn something. And, of course, once you do see those trickling dollars here, a few pennies there; you’ll want to place even more time and effort into it! That’s when the ball will really start rolling. This method of making money online ONLY snowball’s into larger and larger proportions the more you put into it. There’s NO selling, NO advertising costs, once implemented there are NO headaches. Who knows maybe you can even quite your job some day and have a veritable “cash tree” at home. It is the one thing ALL the search engines crave, the reason they send out their “robots”. The search engines will eat your site up and deliver you thousands of FREE visitors. You don’t even need a website to start earning online with this method.
So here are the Keys to Earning Money Online:
1st Key – Content
That’s the answer that literally thousands of people package up with pretty bows and landing pages (a.k.a web page) and sell to you for about eighty bucks too much. There may lie a secret out there to making money online but the one I stand with is CONTENT. That is the key to making money online, easily, affordably, and continuously.
CONTENT IS KING
Fresh, informative, unique, quality Content, to be more precise, is what search engines adore. It’s free, you can write your own content and you don’t even have to be an amazing writer (just look at me and I’ve been earning money online for nearly ten years now). You can work on it whenever you like. Your content so way what you will (try to keep it legal).
Keyword Density – Amount of times a keyword or keyword phrase repeats itself in your content.
e.g. You write a fabulous five hundred word review on “Tennis Shoes”. Your topic of choice is Tennis Shoes but this keyword phrase (Tennis Shoes) is only displayed in your title and never again shows up in your content but the keyword phrase “Muddy Terrain” (just an example) repeats itself ten times in your text. What you really want are readers that are looking for “Tennis Shoes” but you’re instead receiving “Muddy Terrain” visitors because to the search engine robots the Keyword Phrase that repeats itself the most is, you guessed it: “Muddy Terrain”.
- Try to aim for a 5% keyword density and all should be alright. This figure is often difficult to achieve without your content sounding very very very very very repetitive. If you want targeted readers you need to create a balance between quality and keyword density. This isn’t hard and I can guarantee it gets easier as you go along. Back to our e.g.
- 5% keyword density on 500 words = 25 repetitions of “Tennis Shoes” is needed. So try to get those into your content right away to ensure that the search engine robots know how to classify your content. (I know that the figures may be off as there are TWO words, its okay to estimate).
2nd & 3rd Key – Display & Monetization
These two keys I’ve grouped together for a reason: Display and Monetization go hand in hand. To ensure that you’ll earn money online your content should be displayed in a way that it is both easy for the reader to read. Reading your content should be a pleasure. This is also true for your ads (Monetization), they should display meaningful offers based on your content. Displaying your content can be done in a number of methods:
1. Website– You can always buy a domain, pay someone to build you a website (or build it yourself) and then place ads on your page to monetize your content.
2. Blogs – Same concept as “Website” but without the hassle of building or buying anything as most are free.
3. Article Directories – This is where you submit your content to directories that do exactly what you need them to do: Publish your content. These sites are dedicated to getting people reading your content. Many also offer Revenue Sharing on ads displayed when a visitor reads your content from their site. This is BY FAR the easiest and simplest way to make money online with your content. The more of these you submit your content to the more you’ll earn (generally speaking).
Revenue Sharing – Mainly done with contextual ads, for example: Google AdSense, Overture, FAN, etc. In return for your content (to prove to you the power of content) these websites offer you a percentage (usually in the 50% range) of the impressions of the ads shown when a user reads your article. Confused?
Let’s say 100 people read your article, that means that the ads will in/surrounding your text will display with your Publisher Id for 50 of those views (based on a 50/50 sharing rate). Which means that, during those 50 impressions, if a visitor clicks on an ad YOU earn money for that click! This may not seem like much but don’t forget that these sites receive millions of viewers a month and there is not limit to the amount of directories you can submit your content to. Post to as many of these as possible.
Contextual Ads – Remember I told you to keep that keyword density up? Well this is why. The most common ads, contextual ads, work on keywords. These will reflect ads that are pertinent to the context of your content. Why is this important? Higher paying keyword phrases will yield higher paying clicks. Some companies pay up to 50 dollars A CLICK on certain keyword phrases! If your content has a good keyword density of those 50-dollar-keywords then those ads will be displayed and if someone clicks on that ads you’ve just earned 50 bucks!
Link Backs – Some of the Article Directories don’t offer Revenue Sharing but you should still submit to these as well. Why? You may be asking? Simple. In ALL article directories you can place a link to anywhere you like in your resource box (by anywhere I normally mean a website or page). Why not place a link to one of your submissions on another site? Maybe one that does allow to earn? You still benefit from their mountains of traffic and all it cost you was a couple of minutes filling out some forms.
4th and Final Key – YOU
You, author, writer, poet, blogger, you are the ULTIMATE Key. If you really and truly want to earn money online, whether it be part time of full time, you are the answer. The more work you put into this (like all else in life) the more you get out of it. I have given you all the Keys to Earning money online right here and if you have any other questions you may always ask now it’s time for you to open the door as only you have that ULTIMATE key!