Below you will find 8 affiliate marketing rules that you can apply to be successful in your affiliate marketing business. You probably know that affiliate marketing is a very competitive field and to do well you have to have a good understanding of how it works. The 8 rules below will help you overcome the challenges ahead and hopefully help you avoid some of the pitfalls. Use them if you want success.
1. Give your customers and potential customers good reasons to trust you and spend time building that trust. A cursory look on the internet will tell you that marketers are a dime a dozen and you better believe that your customers know it. Give them even the slightest inference that you’re not trustworthy and they’re gone, history, not only that but you can bet that they will tell everyone they know about there experience. Earning a customer’s trust is one of the most important things you have to do as a marketer and the best investments you will ever make.
2. Be as helpful as you possibly can to everyone you encounter on the internet. Whether they are buying from you or not, answering questions promptly and pointing them in the right direction, after all, what goes around comes around. And it won’t do your reputation any harm if they know you are there and willing to help.
3. Know your audience. To a large extent being successful at Affiliate Marketing is quite simply knowing your audience and anticipating their needs. Find out exactly what they need and give it to them. To find out you can do polls, set up a forum, create a private face book page where they can ask questions and post problems you get my drift engage them. Then just be ready to provide a reliable source that they can go to for a solution.
4. Always be ready to take advice and change things. This is a no brainer but when it’s your site and you close to it you can miss it. So if you are not generating clicks, sales or site visits, you gotta change something as it’s clearly not working. The sole function of the site is to you guessed it, generate clicks, sales or site visits. Shake it up a little and try a different approach in your marketing, do a push in social networking, create an event and try to get as many people there as possible, do a direct mail promotion and make it so irresistible they just can’t say no. What I’m trying to say is you have to realise when things are not working and you have to act fast.
5. Practice full disclosure. Be up front with people; tell them that you are an affiliate and who you represent. Honesty really is the best policy. Most people will recognize and value the fact that you are being honest. Not only that but most people know when someone is not being transparent or trying to avoid the truth so why waste your time or run the risk.
6. Killer content is essential so write it yourself or hire someone to do it. Killer content will attract more visitors, repeat visitors and in turn more customers which will lead to sales. Great content can convert someone who is “just browsing” into an instant buyer and more importantly a long term customer. Figure out what people want and need in your content. It’s then pretty easy to deliver solutions to their biggest problems. If writing is not your strong point hire someone who can don’t let it block you taking action.
7. Patience is an absolute must. Far too many affiliates give up before their business has really has a chance to get started. The basic fact is you have got to put a lot of effort in to affiliate marketing this is not an easy option. The amount of effort needed is commensurate with the amount of success you want to have. You do little you get little success you do a lot well the sky really is the limit. The thing is that this effort has to be consistent over a period of time so you have to be patient. Like they said in Field of Dreams “build it and they will come” but you have to be patient certainly in the early days.
8. Stay current and up-to-date. Keep the content of your site up-to-date so your customers appreciate the products you are promoting and most important of all keep adding new and exciting and valuable content (this process never stops). Your goal is for people to be exposed to or learn something new every time they visit your site (big ask I know). To do this you have be creative and shake things up a little, mix your offers, present them in a different way and most important of all always add value. Build a site that is the best in your niche and stay on top of it, every day.
So to conclude like any business on or of the internet, affiliate marketing has rules that you need to follow. I have listed a few of these rules above if your just starting out they will prove invaluable in developing your business and helping you to avoiding the pitfalls that lie ahead. If you’re a seasoned business person perhaps these 8 affiliate marketing rules will make you think a little about your business, I hope so.
If you’re a seasoned business person perhaps these 8 affiliate marketing rules will make you think a little about your business, I hope so.