So let’s look at the pros and cons of Affiliate Marketing. Affiliate Marketing is a form of advertising on the internet where affiliates/associates drive traffic to advertiser’s website/offers to generate sales. In return the affiliate/associate receives a percentage from the advertiser’s profits, anything from a few percent to as much as 70 or 80%. In order to get the advertises offers in front of people the Affiliates |(you and I) place the ads in the form of links, articles, banner ads, videos etc promoting the advertisers products/services on their websites in an attempt to get visitors to buy a very simple model that can be very lucrative if done properly. The pros and cons of Affiliate Marketing are not immediately obvious so let us compare the affiliate business model with a home business. This may help someone who is considering starting and Online Affiliate Business.
1. Low Cost Start-up – Affiliate Marketing is a Low Cost Business to start-up. Most people are afraid to start a home based business because of the large investment of capital that is often required. In many cases you can start affiliate marketing without any investment at all, having said that, like any business you will have to invest in marketing your affiliate products/services to get the message out.
2. No Stock to hold – For many business owners holding stock and product inventory can be the most stressful aspect of running their business. Often it is necessary to hire additional people to manage the inventory, adding even more costs to running the business. In the case of affiliate marketing however, you are not required to maintain or hold stock as this is done by the merchants.
3. Unlimited Income – If you become a successful affiliate marketer then your income can literally be unlimited. I’m not saying this is an easy thing to do but the opportunity is there for everyone. If your website has high traffic throughput and a high page rank you have the opportunity to generate sales day after day, sales that can only build up over time. Having an affiliate business is like any other and requires hard work and effort so if you do happen to develop a really successful website it will require maintenance and tweaking to keep it at the top of the search engines. Worth the effort though if its generating income day after day and expansion from hear is simply repeating what you have done to become successful.
4. Worldwide Business – With affiliate marketing, your market is not limited to your town, city or even your country it really is a Worldwide Business in a global market. Scaling up to a global business is not as difficult as it seems once you have the products/services and your method to get the message out (your website, Facebook page, videos etc) and your method of marketing.
5. Low Risk – As we said earlier marketing as an affiliate does not required you to make a big investment. This means that the risk is negligible but the chance of great returns are high. This is one of the reasons why more and more people are taking up Affiliate Marketing; they risk their time but not their money as opposed to a traditional business.
6. 24/7 Sales – So as an affiliate marketer you can make sales all day and night long your marketing never sleeps and there is always someone somewhere in the world that will look at your offers and become your customers. It’s great to think that you are earning even when you are asleep how cool is that?
So as you can see there are some pros and cons of affiliate marketing, if you master affiliate marketing, select the right products, the right merchants and the right market the sky is the limit, just sit back watch the money come in….